Director Visitor Experience
• Lead the Visitor Experience department to deliver the highest levels of customer service and engagement. Ensure that the visitor experience, from the first contact point to the last, excites our visitors, exceeds their expectations and encourages repeat visits.
• Maximize the potential of the ticketing system to ensure highest possible attendance numbers and ticket yield.
• Forward plan to ensure that the Visitor experience strategy is met and developed, bringing the Tour to life, including seasonal activities and events to create a marketing story and a reason to re-visit.
• Ensure the safety of all our visitors and staff.
• Deputise for the VP Tours WBSTT as required. This role is the primary management position for running the Tour operation and will be based at the Tour full time including evenings and weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure that the experience at WBSTT exceeds visitor expectations by delivering consistent, high levels of presentation, through both the staff and the exhibit (internal and external, including signage and way finding)
• Set service level standards/agreement across WBSTT functions and monitor delivery to standard ensuring operational readiness of all aspects of the experience.
• Support the promotion of secondary income opportunities within the Tour, such as audio tours, guidebooks, photography etc. and work with Commercial Director to monitor sales and develop sales growth to set targets
• Manage the contract and work alongside and external creative team to develop the attraction and interactivity.
• Project management for specific, WB sponsored projects to drive the experience forward and secure repeat visits.
• Ensure a professional, friendly and helpful bookings service to trade and consumer clients. Handle all visitor enquiries and complaints correspondence to a high standard of customer satisfaction and within set timescales
• Benchmark the visitor experience externally, bringing new learning and setting industry leading standards within the Tour.
• Network and promote WBST within the local tourism community and the visitor attraction industry.
• Champion the needs of the customer in all areas and across all departments of the WBSTT and Warner Bros. Studios operation.
• Lead the creative development of the Tour, channelling the best ideas from brainstorm, concept to delivery as a visitor experience.
• Staff recruitment, motivation, training, development and performance management
• Support and develop the Visitor Experience Managers and ensure that all Visitor Experience functions are delivered to service standards, including interpretation, bookings service, customer care, car parking, wardrobe etc.
• Maintain the operational readiness of all Tour media through management of the Technical team. Develop new technology to exceed the expectations and enhance the visitor experience.
• Work closely with colleagues in the senior management team of WBSTT and across the WB organisation in Burbank and Leavesden
• Reporting of all Visitor Experience activities to pre-determined key performance indicators, including recommendation, planning and implementation for continual improvement.
• Work with Finance team to ensure accuracy of all reporting.
• Responsibility for till reconciliation and cash control from Visitor Experience activities.
• Work within WB processes and procedures.
• Develop communication procedures across the team and Tour. Everyone should feel well informed.
• Provide support to the Head of Visitor Experience to run a rota for Visitor Experience Duty Management and Studio Tour Management team duty cover. Visitor Services will provide daily Duty Management cover to the WBSTT.
• Provide Duty Management training to other departmental managers.
• Management reporting of incidents to relevant external authorities and WB management through a set communications tree
• Provide support to the Customer Service Manager and develop the Call centre, ensuring the best level of response times and customer care
• Manage and develop departmental managers.
• Health and safety of WBSTT tour wide. Manage and develop health and safety initiatives, policy and procedures.
• Emergency Procedures including building evacuation, incident management and first aid provision.
• Management and development of attraction security inclusive of asset and set protection.
• Manage third party contracts including but not limited to; cleaning and transport,
• Work with the Director of Security to ensure the third party security contract is managed effectively to meet the Tours requirements.
• Working alongside HR to recruit, develop and train all staff in the above mentioned departments.
• Manage contractors and sole traders to ensure a high level of service is maintained.
• Management of music licences
• Work alongside Corporate Archive to maintain sets, props and costumes.
• Manage operational/visitor related projects in relation to show (experience) and facility improvements.
• Champion Diversity & Inclusion for WBSTT
• Champion Sustanability
• Working closely with the WBSTT Marketing department and WBSL
• Manage Visitor Experience and admissions income budgets, delivering outcomes within budget. Plan and report on budgets and forecasts.
• Ensure the ticketing procedure and policy allows maximum ticket yield.
• Manage all V.E expenditure budgets up to 6million pounds.
• Manage staffing budget to ensure attraction is appropriately staffed for the visitor numbers, profitable and targets are met.
• Management of operational capex.